UFC boss Dana White has no interest in talking further about Conor McGregor’s injury issues until he has recovered and is ready to return.
The promotional CEO was forced to scramble for a new UFC 303 main event after the Irishman pulled out of his scheduled bout with Michael Chandler this month. After three years out with a broken leg, he was due back on June 29, but was forced to pull out with a secretive injury this week.
McGregor and Chandler had been booked to fight one another as long ago as February of last year, but no official date was released until this year. Almost a year after their season of The Ultimate Fighter had aired they were signed up, and had sold an eye-watering $20million in tickets before the cancellation.
Dana White gives first comments on Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler UFC 303 cancellation
Dana White has had one of the most unenviable few weeks in his career, being forced to find short notice main events for two key events back-to-back. The UFC are due to debut in Saudi Arabia next Saturday, and had fan favourite Khamzat Chimaev forced out with a “violent” illness.
And then McGregor, who had been injured hours before a press conference in Dublin that was eventually cancelled, was forced out of their biggest event of the year. “It’s been interesting because we had to switch the Saudi main event, which is next weekend,” White told the Sports Business Journal.

“You know what I mean? It’s f***ing days away, so for us to put in this guy Ikram Aliskerov who is 15-1, he’s Muslim and his only loss is to Khamzat Chimaev, and everyone in the division said no to fighting him except Robert Whittaker? I’m very happy [with the quality of the replacement fights].”
Speaking more specifically about Conor McGregor, White said that he won’t be speaking further about the situation until he is finally ready to return. “It’s the business, man,” White continued, having previously been forced into similar situations.
“This is the way it goes. And from here on I’m not going to talk about it until when he’s healed and he’s right. Then we’ll look at the landscape and see what we can figure out.”
Alex Pereira vs Jiri Prochazka replaces Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler in UFC 303 main event
After announcing Whittaker vs Aliskerov for Saudi Arabia, White was again put in the position to tell fans that a massive main event had been shelved on Thursday night. He shared a video from the UFC’s Las Vegas ‘War Room’ in which he detailed their new International Fight Week headliner.
“Guys, here I am again,” he said, just hours after announcing Khamzat Chimaev’s pulling out of UFC Saudi Arabia next week to be replaced by Aliskerov. “Conor McGregor is out of UFC 303 v Michael Chandler with an injury.
“The new main event is Alex Pereira; former not only UFC middleweight champion but the first and only fighter to win both middleweight and light-heavyweight titles in UFC history. He did it in the shortest amount of time, he did in 736 days and seven fights.
“He finished seven of nine wins by knockout which is a 78 per cent finish rate, and won 10 of his last 11 fights. He is facing former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka who has an unbelievable 23 first round wins.”
UFC 303 also has a new co-main event as Brian Ortega faces Diego Lopes. The co-main was due to to be Carlos Ulberg vs former light-heavyweight champion Jamahal Hill, but the American was forced out with an injury and Ulberg now faces veteran Anthony Smith instead on the undercard.
News
*LEGENDS* SEASON 2 UPDATE HAS FANS WATCHING FOR EVERY CLUE 😳 — With no official trailer or release date yet, viewers are rewatching the final moments and obsessing over one detail they think could hint at where the story goes next. Netflix hasn’t confirmed anything… but fans believe the silence might be hiding something bigger
Will There Be A Legends Season 2? Here’s Everything We Know So Far Neil Forsyth’s undercover crime thriller has proven to be a streaming hit – but what does the future hold? Netflix’s Legends has garnered rave reviews from critics and audiences…
NETFLIX FANS THINK ONE FINAL DETAIL MAY HAVE JUST TEASED *LEGENDS* SEASON 2 😳 — after the ending left viewers questioning what really happened, people are now rewatching the last few minutes and pointing to one moment they believe wasn’t there by accident. With Season 2 still unconfirmed, fans think Netflix may be hiding a bigger plan
‘One Of The BBC’s Finest Dramas’ Loved ‘Legends’? Here’s 7 Shows To Watch On Netflix And iPlayer 7 Shows To Watch If You Loved ‘Legends’Netflix Did you love Legends on Netflix? The show has been a steady entry near the…
NETFLIX USERS ARE STUCK ON THE SAME 47-SECOND SCENE 😳 — Sally Field leads a story that begins with a lonely woman cleaning aquarium glass night after night… until one strange connection starts pulling her toward a secret hidden in plain sight. Viewers thought they were getting a quiet drama, but many say the final moments hit so hard they’re still talking about it hours later
New Releases on Netflix This Week and Top 10 Movies & Series: May 16, 2026 18 new movies have dropped on Netflix US this week alongside 13 new series with Remarkably Bright Creatures and Worst Ex Ever topping the charts….
OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE…😳 Alex Murdaugh’s first words after the murders have now been revealed — and investigators say the tone of the call inside the family estate immediately raised eyebrows 👀 But it’s the chilling background detail heard seconds before he spoke that people still can’t explain…
‘KILLER’S’ SHOCK Alex Murdaugh’s first words revealed by lawyers after conviction overturned – as they issue warning to tampering clerk ALEX Murdaugh was stunned after learning his conviction for the murders of his wife and youngest son had been overturned,…
LET ME OUT😳 Mackenzie Shirilla is reportedly fighting for freedom again after Netflix viewers revisited the crash that killed her boyfriend and his friend at nearly 100mph 👀 But it’s the chilling 6-second clip prosecutors used in court that people are suddenly watching all over again…
‘HELL ON WHEELS’ Car crash killer Mackenzie Shirilla’s brazen bid for freedom three years into sentence for murdering two in 100mph crash A TEENAGE girl who killed her boyfriend and friend in a 100-mph suicide-murder mission has made a last-ditch attempt at…
MY DAUGHTER WILL NEVER COME HOME😳 Patty Morin, the mother of the tragically deceased daughter, broke down in tears in Parliament as she recounted the suspect in her daughter’s case, Stephanie Minter — allegedly an undocumented immigrant near a quiet pedestrian walkway. 👀 But it is the gruesome details that witnesses reportedly saw near the scene moments before the attack that are sparking outrage online…
HEARTBREAKING PRAYER ‘Angel mom’ sobs and begs Congress to act after daughter stabbed to death at bus stop by illegal alien who walked free THE mother of a girl who was allegedly killed by a man in the country illegally…
End of content
No more pages to load