
Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis will appear in a homecoming fight in Philadelphia for his upcoming bout this Saturday. The 27-year-old is going up against Russian-born boxer David Avanesyan on July 13th, at the Wells Fargo Center on the main card of the Matchroom Boxing event. Interestingly, according to Boots’ promoter, the young champion has supposedly surpassed boxing great Mike Tyson’s record of selling tickets in the City in Pennsylvania, when Tyson fought Buster Mathis Jr. here in 1995. Based on the tickets already sold, the Jaron Ennis vs. David Avanesyan fight is expected to have a footfall of “13,000 and 14,000 and maybe even more.”
Breaking Tyson’s record of selling 10,000 seats in Philly is a significant feat. However, the IBF welterweight champion is keeping this accomplishment out of his mind and instead is focusing more on the bout ahead. Although he is glad to have surpassed Tyson’s record, he is more concerned with winning the fight than the impressive ticket sales the event has generated.
Jaron Ennis’ eyes more gold at 147
The Philadelphia native was slated to fight Cody Crowley. But the latter backed out of the fight and was replaced by David Avanesyan instead. Despite the change in opponent, the fight sales surpassed Tyson’s record. Following that, ahead of his fight coming Saturday, Ennis was asked, “Eddie Hearn said that you outsold Mike Tyson. How does that feel?” The boxer answered with a calm demeanor and an innocuous smile, “I don’t know, I feel normal. I don’t know. Like just another day for me. It really another day for me, you know.”

via Getty
The 31-0 boxer further added, “Like I said I’m excited man, and I’m blessed to be able to you know, be here, playing it at Wells Fargo Center.” He explained that he was just glad that people from his city were buying tickets and supporting him.
‘Boots’ has proved to be a promising fighter up until now, and seeing the potential, Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing signed him earlier this year. Hearn referred to Ennis’ signing as “one of the greatest signings,” he has had, further solidifying the boxer’s distinction.
Despite all the hype around him, Ennis’ eyes are on gold, which is becoming the next undisputed welterweight champion. “I got one. So like I said, my main goal is I got one belt, I am go and collect the rest of these belts at 47 and then go do it at 54,” he said in the same interview. But his promoter is going even further than that to claim, that he could take on one of the best boxers in the world.
Eddie Hearn is ready to back Boots against Terence Crawford
Fans have been long anticipating a fight between Terence Crawford and Ennis. However, ‘Bud’ has already defeated everyone at 147 pounds, and he now aims to fight Canelo Alvarez at 168 pounds. But Ennis’ promoter Eddie Hearn wants to see the boxer go up against Crawford, which may open more doors for ‘Boots’ since he was the undisputed welterweight champion until the move up in weight.

The British promoter stated, “We’ve got to get him in the fights, we’ve got to get him undisputed at 147, he can move up. I want to see him fight Terence Crawford. That’s a fight that’s been talked about, and Terence will only take that fight if it’s big enough. I’ll back Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis against anybody. And what a joy to be guiding this man’s career.”
It would definitely be a thrilling showdown for fans to see Jaron Ennis go up against pound-for-pound great Terence Crawford. Only time will tell if this match-up reaches its fruition. Meanwhile, what are your thoughts about Ennis breaking Tyson’s record? Share it in the comments section below.
News
Michael Jackson HAD ALREADY SOLD HALF A MILLION TICKETS BEFORE HIS SUDDEN DE@TH…: Fans are revisiting the singer’s final rehearsal after spotting one moment where he unexpectedly sat down and stared into the crowd 👀👇
The announcement of Michael Jackson’s This Is It concert residency in two thousand and nine triggered an unprecedented global frenzy, shattering box office records and demonstrating the unmatched drawing power of the King of Pop. Within mere hours of going…
Michael Jackson REHEARSED FOR 6 HOURS A DAY DURING HIS FINAL WEEKS…: But one clip from the stage at the O2 Arena is suddenly going viral again after fans noticed how exhausted he looked near the end 😳👇
THE PRICES OF PERFECTION: HOW AN O2 ARENA REHEARSAL CLIP REVEALS THE EXTREME EXHAUSTION OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S FINAL WEEKS The ambitious vision for Michael Jackson’s grand return to the global stage in two thousand and nine was meant to be…
Michael Jackson’s children were at home when the terrible events unfolded…: Heartbreaking details about the medicine box and the singer’s final moments continue to cause fans pain for years to come 💔👇
THE INNOCENT WITNESSES TO A GLOBAL TRAGEDY: HOW MICHAEL JACKSON’S CHILDREN FACED THE HORRIFIC REALITY OF HIS FINAL MOMENTS The tragic passing of Michael Jackson on June twenty-fifth, two thousand and nine, remains a defining scar on the fabric of…
Michael Jackson’s personal physician made a decision that changed music history forever…: The horrific sequence of events leading to the death of the King of Pop still sparks outrage today 🚨👇
THE FATAL DECISION THAT ALTERED MUSIC HISTORY: THE REALITY BEHIND THE DEATH OF THE KING OF POP AND THE ACTIONS OF HIS PERSONAL PHYSICIAN The sudden passing of Michael Jackson in the summer of two thousand and nine remains one…
💔 The final moments of Princess Diana’s life are once again sending shockwaves through royal circles after deeply personal details from the night of the Paris tragedy resurfaced. A man who was there during her last moments has now revealed heartbreaking memories that many people never knew before — and one detail from Diana’s final words is leaving people emotional all over again 👀👇
EXCLUSIVE: Secrets of Princess Diana’s Final Words Revealed — By Firefighter Who Held Her Hand as Life Ebbed Away After Paris Car Smash A firefighter revealed Diana’s final words as he held her hand after the Paris car crash.MEGA Princess…
🚨 Meghan Markle is back at the center of intense royal speculation after fresh online claims and resurfaced discussions reportedly sparked renewed attention behind palace walls. Royal watchers are now questioning what’s real, what’s rumor, and why old controversies surrounding the Duchess continue to return years later. One detail now being discussed across royal circles is leaving many people asking the same question 👀👇
THE ANATOMY OF A ROYAL RUMOR: Inside the Internet Exploitation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Buckingham Palace’s Real Stance By Media & Royal Correspondent Published: May 2026 In the hyper-connected era of modern media, the British Royal…
End of content
No more pages to load