‘Harry and Meghan have not always agreed on how much they should expose their children to the media ‘
Prince Harry overruled Meghan Markle when it came to a key decision about Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet’s future, according to reports.
While the Duchess of Sussex wanted to bring her young children into the public eye, the duke did not think this was wise and they will not feature in their upcoming Netflix shows.
An insider told The Sun on Sunday: “Harry and Meghan have not always agreed on how much they should expose their children to the media but, in this case, Harry has clearly won.”
Meghan’s upcoming cooking show, which is believed to be released first, will therefore be filmed in a nearby mansion and not the couple’s £11m home to protect Archie and Lilibet’s privacy.
This comes as King Charles is set to privately meet with the bereaved families and those affected by the Southport attack in London.
The monarch visited Southport to express his “sympathy and empathy” for the town, which is still in a state of shock following the 29 July stabbing that left three children dead.
He then privately met with the bereaved families in London.
KEY POINTS
Late Queen described Donald Trump as ‘rude’
William ‘does not want Harry at his coronation’, friends say
King axes Andrew’s private security team
Harry and Meghan dubbed a ‘symbol of resistance’ as they continue Colombian tour
Prince Harry reveals which royal family member called him ‘spare’
The Duke of Sussex has revealed that it was his father King Charles who first referred to him as the “spare”.
This comes after Harry, 39, released a tell-all memoir about his time in The Firm with the same name in January of last year.
The now-king reportedly made the comment at the time of Harry’s birth in 1984, telling the late Princess Diana: “Wonderful! Now you’ve given me an heir and a spare – my work is done.”
The Guardian claims that Harry’s upset at the title was reflected in his memoir of the same name.
The newspaper wrote in its review: “Harry’s resentment of being the ‘spare’ is the underlying theme of his book, through chapters on his childhood, his schooling, his career as a royal and in the British Army, his relationship with his parents and brother, and his life with Meghan through courtship, wedding and marriage, to their own experience of parenthood.”

Prince Harry’s memoir ‘Spare’ lifts the lid on why he chose to step down as a working member of the royal family. (Maureen McLean/Shutterstock)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 10:00
Netflix ‘not expected’ to renew Harry and Meghan deal
Netflix is “not expected” to renew its multimillion-dollar deal with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The couple signed a five-year $100m contract with the streaming platform when they stepped down as working royals in 2020 that comes to an end next year.
Puck co-founder Matthew Belloni and entertainment reporter Lesley Goldberg said that while the couple’s series Harry & Meghan was a hit, none of their other projects have “connected” with audiences.
According to Mercury News, the popularity of the docuseries stems from the couple’s discussion of their time within the royal family.

Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walk together in San Basilio de Palenque, Colombia (REUTERS)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 08:22
Prince Harry ‘overruled’ Meghan Markle on key decision about children’s future
Prince Harry is reported to have “overruled” Meghan Markle when it came to featuring Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in her new Netflix cooking show.
The Duke of Sussex, 39, decided that it would be in his children’s best interests not to feature in the show, while the duchess wanted them to be included.
As a result of this decision, the program is being filmed at a neighbour’s mansion and not the couple’s £11m Montecito property.
“Harry has been reluctant to show his children publicly, not out of a desire to hide them but to protect their privacy and safety from potential threats,” a friend told PEOPLE magazine.
“He wants them to lead as normal a life as possible without the fear of kidnapping or harm.”

Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet did not join their parents on their recent tour of Colombia. (Colombian Vice-Presidency/AFP vi)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 06:00
Prince Andrew opts for ‘mobile security’ team
The disgraced Duke of York has opted for a “mobile security” team after King Charles stripped him of the protection he was privately funding.
A source said this will come with much lower security costs for Andrew, 64, who has made it clear that he does not want to leave the 30-room Royal Lodge he has occupied since 2003.
The “new security system will also be fitted inside the property. The costs are much lower and they will not be covered by the taxpayer,” they said, as reported by The Express.

Andrew was given a 75-year lease on the Royal Lodge by the late Queen Elizabeth II for £250 a week in 2003. (PA)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 04:00
Buckingham Palace has a ‘secret paranormal library’
A new documentary has suggested that King Charles has a growing interest in extraterrestrial life.
The King of UFOs will also touch upon the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s interest in the subject.
Ufologist and filmmaker Mark Christopher Lee told The Express: “Retired Police CID detective, and now owner of The Great British UFO Learning Centre, John Hanson had regular correspondence with Prince Phillip and The Queen and states that they had their own library of UFO and paranormal books.
“Letters between Hanson and the Queen and Prince Phillip, shown in the film, say they will ‘add the book that John sent to them to their own collection/library’.”

There is reportedly a secret UFO library in Buckingham Palace (Anthony Devlin/PA) (PA Archive)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 02:00
Harry has ‘no regrets’ about leaving royal family
There have been conflicting reports about how the Duke of Sussex feels four years on from his departure from the royal family.
A source told The Times that he has “no regrets” about his decision, even though another source told the outlet that his relationship with his family has deteriorated to the point where Prince William does not want his younger brother at his coronation when the time comes.

Prince Harry has not seen any of his immediate family since the announcement of King Charles’s cancer diagnosis in February. (AP)
Emma Guinness22 August 2024 00:00
Harry and Meghan ‘desperate to start healing the rift’
A royal expert has claimed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “desperate” to heal their rift with the royal family.
The couple’s relationship with The Firm has steadily deteriorated since they stepped down as working royals in 2020 and engaged in a series of tell-all interviews.
A former employee told the Daily Mail: “It seems quite clear that they are desperate to start healing the rift.”
It has been suggested that this desperation stems from the potential re-election of Donald Trump in November.
The former president promised to treat Harry like any other citizen should it emerge that he lied about his prior drug use on his visa application.

Donald Trump has said that Prince Harry will be treated like any other citizen if he is re-elected for a second term in November. (@TheoVon/YouTube)
Emma Guinness21 August 2024 22:00
Meghan Markle ‘could become a Democratic candidate’
Ahead of the US election, it has been suggested that the Duchess of Sussex could follow in the footsteps of other celebrities and go into politics.
Former BBC Royal Correspondent Michael Cole said that the Democratic party could “do with a talented and good-looking candidate”.
He noted: “In California, there have been people like Schwarzenegger, and not to mention Ronald Reagan – both of them actors of some skill, who went on to be governors of California.”

Meghan Markle has several career avenues since leaving acting. (AFP via Getty Images)
Emma Guinness21 August 2024 20:00
Harry and Meghan ‘could have left with dignity and decency’
A former friend of Prince Harry has slammed the Sussexes for their lack of “dignity” after they stepped down as working royals.
Following the 2020 decision, the couple has not shied away from telling all about their experiences in The Firm in several interviews and Harry’s bombshell memoir Spare.
The former friend told The Times: “Harry and Meghan could have left with dignity and decency and not trashed the institution. The conclusion is they’ve made money from trashing his family.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex during their interview with Oprah Winfrey (Joe Pugliese/Harpo Productions/PA) (PA Media)
Emma Guinness21 August 2024 18:00
AD
Prince Andrew could move to Frogmore Cottage
Following the news that King Charles has stripped Prince Andrew of his privately funded security at the Royal Lodge, the disgraced Duke of York could be forced to leave.
One of the potential new homes for Andrew could be Frogmore Cottage, which is in good condition thanks to the £2.4 million renovations carried out when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were living there.
However, Andrew is reported to have already turned down the cottage, deeming it too much of a “demotion” from the 30-room mansion he has occupied since 2003.

Andrew’s current home requires extensive security provisions. (PA)

News
*LEGENDS* SEASON 2 UPDATE HAS FANS WATCHING FOR EVERY CLUE 😳 — With no official trailer or release date yet, viewers are rewatching the final moments and obsessing over one detail they think could hint at where the story goes next. Netflix hasn’t confirmed anything… but fans believe the silence might be hiding something bigger
Will There Be A Legends Season 2? Here’s Everything We Know So Far Neil Forsyth’s undercover crime thriller has proven to be a streaming hit – but what does the future hold? Netflix’s Legends has garnered rave reviews from critics and audiences…
NETFLIX FANS THINK ONE FINAL DETAIL MAY HAVE JUST TEASED *LEGENDS* SEASON 2 😳 — after the ending left viewers questioning what really happened, people are now rewatching the last few minutes and pointing to one moment they believe wasn’t there by accident. With Season 2 still unconfirmed, fans think Netflix may be hiding a bigger plan
‘One Of The BBC’s Finest Dramas’ Loved ‘Legends’? Here’s 7 Shows To Watch On Netflix And iPlayer 7 Shows To Watch If You Loved ‘Legends’Netflix Did you love Legends on Netflix? The show has been a steady entry near the…
NETFLIX USERS ARE STUCK ON THE SAME 47-SECOND SCENE 😳 — Sally Field leads a story that begins with a lonely woman cleaning aquarium glass night after night… until one strange connection starts pulling her toward a secret hidden in plain sight. Viewers thought they were getting a quiet drama, but many say the final moments hit so hard they’re still talking about it hours later
New Releases on Netflix This Week and Top 10 Movies & Series: May 16, 2026 18 new movies have dropped on Netflix US this week alongside 13 new series with Remarkably Bright Creatures and Worst Ex Ever topping the charts….
OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE…😳 Alex Murdaugh’s first words after the murders have now been revealed — and investigators say the tone of the call inside the family estate immediately raised eyebrows 👀 But it’s the chilling background detail heard seconds before he spoke that people still can’t explain…
‘KILLER’S’ SHOCK Alex Murdaugh’s first words revealed by lawyers after conviction overturned – as they issue warning to tampering clerk ALEX Murdaugh was stunned after learning his conviction for the murders of his wife and youngest son had been overturned,…
LET ME OUT😳 Mackenzie Shirilla is reportedly fighting for freedom again after Netflix viewers revisited the crash that killed her boyfriend and his friend at nearly 100mph 👀 But it’s the chilling 6-second clip prosecutors used in court that people are suddenly watching all over again…
‘HELL ON WHEELS’ Car crash killer Mackenzie Shirilla’s brazen bid for freedom three years into sentence for murdering two in 100mph crash A TEENAGE girl who killed her boyfriend and friend in a 100-mph suicide-murder mission has made a last-ditch attempt at…
MY DAUGHTER WILL NEVER COME HOME😳 Patty Morin, the mother of the tragically deceased daughter, broke down in tears in Parliament as she recounted the suspect in her daughter’s case, Stephanie Minter — allegedly an undocumented immigrant near a quiet pedestrian walkway. 👀 But it is the gruesome details that witnesses reportedly saw near the scene moments before the attack that are sparking outrage online…
HEARTBREAKING PRAYER ‘Angel mom’ sobs and begs Congress to act after daughter stabbed to death at bus stop by illegal alien who walked free THE mother of a girl who was allegedly killed by a man in the country illegally…
End of content
No more pages to load